Wednesday, March 24, 2010

accidental hiatus is OVA

So I'm really not famous for anything to anyone in the REAL world, but in my world, I am famous for the following:
- procrastination
- allowing my jewelry studio to become so messy that it looks like one of those rooms from that show Hoarders (bc its the only place i get to be messy!)
- priorities that might not line up with what the "real" world expects of me
- taking on 32058694 projects at a time

the last point brings me to my next point- i am stupid for trying to schedule every moment of my life- but i have to or i wont get anything done. if i get overwhelmed, i tend to shut down, and RLG or bff will find me on the couch, crying, eating oreos and watching law and order svu until the wee hours of the morning. so since my last post, life has been a little crazy and i have had a few law and order nights and a package or two of oreos have met their demise, BUT- things are looking up as far as my schedule goes and blogging is back! i even had a few people ask me to resume which was surprising and flattering! so here we go with a mini recap:

December 9- pretty much the best day ever- I got a horse! Her name is Jazz and she's amazing. she completes the triumvirate of four legged children, all of which are females and have super fun personalities and attitudes! Who needs real babies when you can pick up poop all day anyway without having to wipe it off a hiney! :O More on the horse later.

Christmas and New Year's- flew by in the blink of an eye...

January- yucky weather and started my spring classes and OMG- there really should be some sort of warning system when you sign up for classes that does NOT allow you to take Organic chemistry and a lab and Anatomy and Physiology and a lab in the same semester. Especially when at least two of your professors surely have some sort of autism spectrum disorder and the other one seems quite post-partum and has the social skills of a feral cat. Needless to say I started studying constantly, pretty much discontinued any semblance of a social life, slacked on the blog, acted like a roommate instead of a wife (not fun) because i was so stressed and was not committed to a mental health facility because the new horse kept me coherent and smiling, my dear sweet husband kept the house in order, and i managed to still show up to work on time and do my job well. whew....

February- see january

March- is almost over- I made it through midterms, and for the first time in my life I had to ask the person sitting next to me if a 74 was a passing grade- which was traumatic to say the least considering I spent spring break studying organic chem while RLG stays in nice hotels with marble showers in TX on business trips and calls to tell me about how good his sushi was for dinner. Let me just stop right here and say that I am a BRAT sometimes and was/am super jealous of his paid for trips to perform "energy audits" while I feel like I spend my days with my face in a book or my foot on the gas pedal and get excited about things like making it to school without getting stuck at the really long red light. Although I know that although this semester may seem like a drag, it's all for the greater good when I have a kick butt nursing job and am doing something I love every day and get to come home to RLG, the girls, and a big soft kiss from a Thoroughbred nose! We are so very blessed that RLG has a job he's extremely good at and likes a lot and the long trips away will be over soon! The four legged children are really the best therapy ever for an overly busy woman who thinks going back to school for a nursing degree, having a job, two dogs, an off the track thoroughbred to retrain, babysitting on the weekends, designing jewelry, painting a few commission works, keeping up with a house, loving a cute boy named Ryan, trying out new recipes for dinner, taking up jogging, planning her summer veggie garden and keeping a blog, just might be enough to keep her busy.

Thank goodness for furry noses and warm weather on the way!

BRB- i promise this time...
e.

No comments:

Post a Comment