Sunday, January 3, 2010

i love paulding county...NOT

my actual conversation with man at feed store in paulding county that will remain nameless:

background- as I'm getting out of my car, which reads 24 degrees F, I see a distraught looking black sheep tied to a flat bed trailer with a dog leash. This bothers me a bit, since sheep are grazers and need hay/grass to keep their digestive systems (they are ruminants) running properly and this one is standing on asphalt with no hay in sight, and its freezing and the leash is too short for her to lie down, and sheep hate being alone. Immediately, the sound of Sarah McLaughlin singing plays in my head and I start to tear up.

So I walk into feed store, place my order, and during checkout I say,

"Is there always a lonely cold black sheep tied to that trailer out there?"

Feed store man in heavy country accent: "Naw, at niiiiiiiiight we bring her inside and put her in a cage."

THE END of his response.

my thoughts.... oh, ok, so she's miserable all the time instead of just sometimes. great.

anyone need a black sheep? I will be glad to steal her and deliver her. just a thought. She is really cute and about the size of a lab.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, that is Shaniqua The Sheep, that Jeff acquired as a sort-of joke. Have no fear... she is now happily living with other sheep on a farm, sassy and well fed.

    ReplyDelete