Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Getting started in more ways than one


It's a rainy day and so I'm finally doing it. I'm starting a blog about the life that is us. Us meaning Ryan and I (Ellie) and the two four legged children, Doodle and Rylie Boo. There may even be another one on the way, in horse form. Although this blog probably won't be interesting to anyone other than Us, it will serve to create memories, and sometimes that might be the most special part of this life.

As for the four legged children, much to my mother's chagrin, Ryan and I don't particularly want any children other than the four legged variety until I am thirty we decided. I'm 26. She's already ogling baby clothes and buying antique baby linens and reminding me of family names.

Ryan and I got married on 6.7.08. My favorite day ever. It was dusk in a park in Savannah and everything was right in my world. It felt like life really started that day and so now, whether it's a great day or a terrible one, I am still so very thankful that this life is ours, and the one I'm in.

There's a little house outside of Atlanta where our little family lives, and it's often brimming with excitement, barking, messes, artwork, laundry that never seems to go away, ringing phones, love, hugs, and even quiet nights. It's never the same day over again, and that's my favorite part. I'm lucky to be able to experience it with my favorite person.

1 comment:

  1. love your blog! can't wait to read it all the time! love you!

    ReplyDelete