Friday, June 20, 2014

Welcome to 2014

That's right, I'm welcoming myself to 2014. After three long years of using my data package on my phone in about 5 days, and driving into town to send e-mails, and not being to write or post to this site because it's painfully frustrating to do it from my phone- WE FINALLY HAVE THE INTERNET!!!

"What?" you say, "you didn't have the internet for THREE years?" Yes. That's correct. I don't even live in an off the grid prepper commune, I live just 20 minutes south of a major city in Virginia, but there were NO available internet providers, besides satellite, which doesn't work- ever. There are actually so few available internet providers that our local school kids have terrible standardized test scores because so few of them have access. The federal government did a little investigation because they couldn't understand why the test scores were so low when the district is well funded from a rather high income tax base. Turns out not having the internet makes you dumber. Oops. This is what I've been dealing with. So I'm out of my horse filled bubble (more on that later) and back into reality, and the ability to order things from amazon. Yay.

A lot has happened so far in 2014 that I can't wait to catch up writing about, notably:
1. I'm getting married on July 12
2. I left my job at Plain Dealing Farm
3. I don't have a horse to ride regularly, and I'm learning to not have a nervous breakdown every day when I think about it.
4. I've decided that we can't blame the weirdness of the majority of today's children on our electronic culture, as much as we have to blame the parents. WTF is wrong with my generation of parents? Again, more on this later.
5. Bad managerial skills are detrimental to your business and the ability to maintain good employees. WHY, would you keep a bad manager instead of a good group of employees? Funny anecdotes on this later too.
6.They've removed me from the list of EN writers on Eventingnation.com along with my pic and profile. It makes me sad. It's probably because I was unable to post anything for months on end due to former job constraints and the LACK OF INTERNET in my life. I still want to write about horses though, so I'll just have to find another way to get paid to do it! Or maybe they will one day answer my e-mail begging them to still let me write. Sometimes Most of the time, I read the things people write about horses/horsecare online and it scares me. It's the only thing I can honestly say "I know things" about, and I'm confident in my knowledge, and I feel the need to rid the world of terrible horse care advice. In case you are looking for some shining examples of bad horse care advice, see the OTTB Connect group on Facebook. It's like a horror show.
7. Fiance's with narcolepsy... Life can be a snore.
8. Ten reasons why my dogs are more needy than your toddler.
9. How to work really hard for little to no money because you suck at negotiating like an adult and are terrified of conflict...my personal specialty.
10. Twenty reasons why my mother should plan your wedding. Buzz feed style.

Can't wait to catch up soon!
-e

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to the interwebz!
    Congrats on engagement!
    Hope your writing will be prolific.
    #3 is hard. :(

    ReplyDelete